Why I Do What I Do
My photography style is pretty simple.
My favorite style of photography takes on a photojournalistic approach. It's candid, yet done so with intent and some direction. This results in an approachable & relaxed environment that captures the true emotions of my clients. My eye & heart is quick to recognize the moments happening in front of me, while my brain is setting up the scene & processing all the technical mumbo jumbo of operating my camera & equipment.
I love spontaneous photos of people, their environment, & the action: THE moments. The most common feedback I get from my clients while viewing their images is that I captured moments they didn't even remember happening. That, my friends... is why I do what I do.
What I Love
- Coffee any time of day, especially from Tim Horton’s (large original, 2 cream)
- Animals (especially dogs!)
- Broken sprinkler heads that shoot straight up in the air. It's hilarious!!
- I don't break said sprinkler heads. They are malfunctioning on arrival.
- Quoting old school Adam Sandler movies. My favorite is Happy Gilmore.
- Makeup. One can never have too many eye shadow palettes.
- The People’s Court. Every case is about 1 of 3 things: Craig’s List ads, roommate troubles, or car accidents.
- Kenny Chesney. If you want to escape to your own island paradise in your mind, go download his album “Be as you are: Songs from an Old Blue Chair”. You’re welcome.
- Zumba. Skateland in Westland, MI offers some of the BEST zumba classes.
- Office supplies (especially Pentel EnerGel Liquid Gel Ink pens – in purple, of course)
- Glazed donuts from The Loonie Baker in Livonia, Michigan (they are THE best. You should go get one. Like now).
- Christmas. Music and decorations begin at 12:00am on November 1.
- Sushi. Enough said.
- Good hearted, genuine people.
On the Personal
I married my best friend, Josh, in 2012. We are out numbered 3:2 in our home with our furry babies: an orange cat named Knuckles, and two lab-mix pups that we rescued in 2015, named Max and Ollie. Still in our hearts is our yellow lab, Tonka. We love traveling, especially to any place with a beach and warm weather, cozying up on the couch in front of our fireplace, playing Super Mario Bros. (I especially love it because I usually whoop Josh’s butt at it – it’s like the only game ever I can win against him at), and just spending time together with our pets, even if we’re not doing anything.